Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring The Seventh Guard Egg Hunt Contest (“Egg Hunt” OR “Contest”), whereby clues provided in the novels The Seventh Guard: Destiny Expires and The Seventh Guard: Inflection Points (“Novels”), may reveal the location of a hidden white-granite egg (“Egg”), and the first contestant to find it will win (1) the Egg, (2) $500, and (3) a private party for the winner and up to 30 guests at Woven Wineworks in Portland’s Pearl District (additional prize details are described below). To participate, read the Novels and attempt to find the hidden Egg. See more details below. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS (“RULES”). A VIOLATION OF THE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR OTHER OBLIGATION TO THE VIOLATOR. WINNING IS CONTINGENT ON FULFILLING ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE RULES. ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR ARE BINDING AND FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC with a mailing address of PO BOX 25653 Portland, OR 97298.
2. Contest Period. The Contest begins at 19:00 PDT on 2/12/2019 and ends when Sponsor has verified and announced that a winner has found the hidden Egg and been awarded the prize or, in the event the hidden Egg is not found, and the prize is not awarded by 23:59 PDT on 12/31/2020, the Contest will terminate and no prize will be awarded.
3. Eligibility. The Egg Hunt is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) at the time of participating and who can provide proof of U.S. residency; however, note that the hidden Egg will be located in one the following counties in Oregon so you will need to be there to hunt for the Egg: Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, or Yamhill. Residents of U.S. territories and possessions; U.S. military installations in foreign countries; and all locations not physically located within the continental United States are excluded from this Contest. Employees, officers, directors, agents, independent contractors, and advertising and promotion agencies of Sponsor and related companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such individuals are not eligible to participate. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate.
4. How to Participate; Egg Hunt Rules. To participate, read the Novels and hunt for the Egg. The Egg to be found is about 6-inches high by 4-inches in diameter and solid-white granite. There is an engraving on the bottom (consisting of a secret code and phone number). The Egg will be visible on public property in one of four counties: Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, or Yamhill. The Egg will not be buried, and no structure or object will need to be disturbed to locate it.
Egg hunting should be limited to daylight hours. Contestants must be respectful of others' privacy, property, and person. THE EGG WILL NOT BE HIDDEN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND SEARCHING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. Areas being searched should be left undisturbed, in the same condition as before the search. In addition, no person at any public or private location has any additional information or clues to share. DO NOT disturb anyone in a public or private location. Furthermore, traveling to any locations that are directly or indirectly referenced in the Novels is NOT necessary to find the final location of the Egg. Such other locations have NOT been visited by Sponsor and may be dangerous to access. Any contestant found to have violated these rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be ineligible to win the prize, even if the contestant finds the Egg.
The first contestant to find the Egg must call the number engraved on the bottom and the provide the secret code (also engraved on the bottom). The contestant with the Egg must provide to Sponsor his or her name, date of birth, email address (if any), physical address, and phone number and comply with all other requirements in these Official Rules.
5. Prize and Winner: There will be only one (1) prize winner. Only one (1) prize (described below) will be awarded to the contestant who locates the Egg and is deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, eligible to win. LOCATING THE EGG AND PRESENTING IT TO SPONSOR WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THE CONTESTANT THE ACTUAL PRIZE WINNER. Receiving the prize is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements and compliance with these Rules. In the event Sponsor deems a potential winner ineligible, Sponsor reserves the right to hide the Egg again and to allow the Contest to continue. The ineligible contestant will no longer be allowed to participate in the Contest.
The prize consists of (1) the Egg, (2) $500, (3) a party for the winner and up to 30 guests at Woven Wineworks in Portland’s Pearl District (959 NW Couch St. Portland, OR 97209) with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $800. The ARV of the entire prize is USD $1,350.
The Internal Revenue Service requires a Form 1099 MISC to be filed by any prize winner if the value of any prize received by the winner is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the prize winner for the total ARV of the prize, and the prize winner is solely responsible for filing this completed form with the Internal Revenue Service.
ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND OTHER GOVERNMENT CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THE PRIZE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Rules are not included and are the winner’s sole responsibility. By participating, the winner waives the right to claim as a cost of winning the prize, the cost of taxes arising out of the prize or any other cost associated with obtaining or using the prize. The prize may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the prize (or any portion thereof) described in these Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Additional restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
Sponsor will coordinate prize pick-up or delivery with the winner directly. If Sponsor delivers the prize via mail, the prize will be deemed delivered to the winner once the prize is delivered by Sponsor to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier of Sponsor’s choosing. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for a lost, stolen, or damaged prize once delivered to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier, or for any loss or damages arising out of or relating to the delivery the prize.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible individuals who participate in the Contest.
7. Publicity Release; Affidavit of Eligibility. The potential winner must sign a publicity release and affidavit of eligibility before award of the prize. Requiring the potential winner to sign such documents, however, in no way limits these Rules or the releases contained herein.
The winner may be announced on Sponsor’s websites, social media sites, and/or in other marketing materials. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that if he or she is the winner, his or her personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties, including on a winner’s list, as required by law. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that if he or she is the winner, Sponsor may use his or her personally identifying information for marketing Sponsor’s services, products, offers, and events to him or her. The winner may unsubscribe from receipt of such marketing communications at any time. Neither the winner nor any participant will be required to disclose personal financial information to participate.
Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor, and third parties on Sponsor’s behalf, may use the winner’s name, city and state of residence, biographical data, voice, statements, image, likeness, and/or prize won (collectively the winner’s “Name and Likeness”) for marketing and promotional purposes and for any other business purpose, in any media, now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world, including on the Internet, without providing additional notice, consent, review opportunity, or consideration to the winner. Each participant agrees that, if he or she is the winner, Sponsor (and third parties on Sponsor’s behalf) has(ve) the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, and worldwide right to reproduce, copy, exhibit, display, perform, transmit, broadcast, distribute, modify, create derivatives of, and otherwise use the winner’s Name and Likeness. Each participant agrees that, if he or she is the winner, Sponsor may alter the winner’s Name and Likeness and may combine the winner’s Name and Likeness with other materials and information (including without limitation, text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, animation and graphics, or video or audio segments of any nature, in any media or embodiment, now known or hereafter developed). Each participant accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the winner’s Name and Likeness, and Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
8. Release. By participating, each participant assumes all liability for and all risk of any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest. Sponsor expressly disclaims any and all responsibility and/or liability for death, injury, or loss to any person or property relating to participants’ participation in the Contest and/or the delivery, possession, use, or misuse of the prize. By participating, each participant (i) agrees to release Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC and each such entity’s respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, and independent contractors (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any and all causes of action (however named or described), losses, damages, injuries, death, damage to or loss of personal property, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind arising out of or relating to participant’s participation in this Contest; the winner’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and/or Releasees use of your Name and Likeness under Section 7 above (including without limitation liability from claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, or violation of any other right); and (ii) agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Releasees from and against all losses, liability, damages, injuries, death, damage to or loss of personal property, causes of action (however named or described), and/or costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind, arising out of or relating to participant’s participation in the Contest; the winner’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and/or Releasees use of your Name and Likeness under Section 7 above (including without limitation liability from claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, or violation of any other right).
The prize must be accepted as awarded, and the prize will be awarded “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with no guarantee, warranty, or representation, express or implied, in fact or in law.
9. Limitation of Liability. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing or typographical errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, network availability, server or other connections, hardware or software, or other equipment; or other disruption related to Internet traffic, viruses, or otherwise; (iii) forces beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the operation of the Contest; (v) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest; or (vi) any death, injury or damage to persons or property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a participant’s participation in the Contest.
10. Disputes; Additional Limitations of Liability. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (i) These Rules, and the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any conflict-of-law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in Multnomah County, Oregon, and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Multnomah County, Oregon for any and all causes of action relating to this Contest; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to the greater of (a) actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by the applicable participant relating to the Contest, including costs associated with entering and participating in the Contest and claiming the prize (if any), or (b) USD 25.00; but in no event will any participant be awarded attorneys’ fees; (iv) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, and consequential damages; and (v) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to have, damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. General: Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Contest if fraud or technical failures or any other factor beyond their reasonable control compromise the integrity of the Contest, as determined by the aforementioned in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Sponsor finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this Contest or any other contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term on another occasion or any other term. Unless required by law, Sponsor is not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from a participant.
CAUTION: Any attempt by any person to defraud Sponsor in connection with the Contest, to damage any website, or to otherwise deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and subject to criminal and civil penalties. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor will disqualify any such person from the Contest, without notice to such person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law and to cooperate in the prosecution of any such conduct.
12. Winner Posting: The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Egg Hunt Winner, PO BOX 25653 Portland, OR 97298.
13. Questions: These Rules are on file with Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC. Questions regarding these Rules or the Contest may be directed to: Egg Hunt Questions, PO BOX 25653 Portland, OR 97298.
Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. One prize of (a) the Egg (b) $500 (c) a private party for the winner and up to 30 guests at Woven Wineworks (ARV USD $800) will be awarded to the eligible participant who first finds the Egg. The total ARV of the prize is USD $1,350. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. Restrictions apply: Must be 18 years of age, U.S. resident, and located in Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, or Yamhill County in order to hunt for the Egg; winner responsible for all taxes and expenses not specifically included in the prize. Contest begins at 19:00 PDT on 2/12/2019 and ends when Sponsor has verified and announced that a winner has found the Egg and been awarded the prize. Sponsor: Egg Hunt Promotions, LLC: PO Box 25653 Portland, OR 97298.